Marc Jurt, Swiss (1955 - )
- Born on 8 February 1955 in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Educated in Neuchâtel: advanced high school certificate, scientific section.
- 1974-78: Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Geneva.
- Lives and works in Geneva and Haute-Savoie, France.
- Teaches drawing and engraving at the Collège de Genève.
- Works are to be found in several public and private collections in Switzerland and abroad. Received several bursary awards.
- Paints and engraves both in his studio and during the course of his many travels around the world - the Mediterranean countries, U.S.A., Chile, Brazil, India, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, China, Tibet, Japan, Australia…
Since 1980, he has spent a good deal of time in Bali, Indonesia.
- Marc Jurt was invited to show his work in over 70 personal exhibitions in galleries, museums and foundations in :
Europe (Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal)
Asia (Tokyo, Sendai, Hanoi, Bali, Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur)
North America (New York, Guilford, Santiago)
Australia (Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth).
- He has also participated in over 70 collective exhibitions in numerous countries.
- Three monographs, including the descriptive catalogue of engraved work, and twelve catalogs have been published on the artist's work.